Biennale 2011 - Voice of the Artist
The Person Behind his Art
The Artist expresses his way to see the world; giving the opportunity to art lovers and collectors to see what lies behind his work of visual art.
Painting and sculpture are visual arts in which the artist is expressing himself on canvas, wood, wax, clay etc. This is a passion, a work in which the artist is concentrated on himself and meditates, creates, paints, corrects always alone as solitude is the companion and friend of art. This year the Museum has wanted to create a TV studio in which the artist is able to share and express the thoughts and motivations behind one of his artworks. He will tell the world what has inspired him towards art and his choices.
The Artist's voice will be a moment in which the artist will describe himself for once not through his art but talking about his emotions and subconsious that inspire his artwork.
Monday 1pm - 4pm
Tuesday 1pm - 4pm
Wednesday 1pm - 4pm
Thursday 1pm - 4pm
The curators of the exhibition are the same that have prepared the Biennale 2009, experts that have staged exhibitions at the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Lord Leighton Museum and the Chelsea Town Hall to name a few.
The artists selected for the Biennale 2011 will be the best emerging and established talents in the world. In the Biennale 2009, the artists that were presented had previously exhibited in the museums mentioned below.
In any case, the intention is to present high quality artists and to act as a springboard for their art worldwide, giving important international exposure. The selection process is purely based on skill and talent and so the Biennale of Chianciano could be an artist's first Museum exhibition.
List of museums where Biennale 2009 artists have had work exhibited:
- National Museum, Beijing
- Picasso Museum, Malaga
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- Chosunilbo Museum, Seoul, Korea
- Indianapolis Museum of Art
- FusionArts Museum of New York
- Museum of the Americas, Miami
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Georgetown
- Art Museum, Malmö, Sweden
- Southern Ohio Museum of Art, Portsmouth
- The South Australian Museum
- Kristianstads Museum, Norvegia
- Trelleborgs museum, Svezia
- Whangarei Art Museum, New Zealand
- Chapingo Muséum, Messico
- Swedish American Museum Center, Chicago
- Farmington Museum, USA
- Museo "La Casa del Nespolo" Acitrezza
- Museo Vittoria Colonna
- Museum of Modern Art, Winterthur, Switzerland